7.01.2008

ATL - Trackside

JOE OLIVER 6/16/08: The Other Side of the Tracks

Recently I hit up Trackside bar, which is in Decatur. We came in through the back patio and met up with this guy who was supposed to be my band's new drummer. I had never met him before and I was really paying attention to what kind of bar this was that he posted up at when he got off work.

Well, I got more than I bargained for. He was pretty cool and we all got some pitchers and shot the shit. In this bar, you can't smoke inside (you can in City of Atlanta) so we were in and out, and we were taking our drinks out on the sidewalk with us. Technically that's illegal but whatever.The thing is that I kept running into random people that I went to high school with. They were all older than me and they were drunk as hell. One of them was this really hot girl, right? I hadn't seen her in years, and we recognized each other, and she came in with some other cute girls, so we were all like, hey alright yeah, party down. So they sat with us for a second.

Then the hot girl started making out with one of the other ones! While this is pretty cool, I'm also kind of thrown through a loop because I didn't know she swung that way. To make it totally clear, the other girl was like, "SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND" really loud to everyone else. Whoops.There was this other girl, but I was on that PBR and when the guy asked if I wanted a can or on draught and I said in a can, she looked at me kind of funny, like, "you're all broke and shit." I don't care.

Then the Camel guy showed up. He has a backpack full of cigarettes and if you let him scan your ID and put you on the mailing list he gives you two free packs. I had run out so I succumbed to this Faustian bargain and at the last minute asked if I could enter a different address.In the morning I realized A) that I had smoked one of the free packs at the bar, so not such a good deal and B) that I had exchanged numbers with this fucked-up dude because he's a "music producer" and I am, and I knew him from high school, and C) I gave the Camel guy the address of my friend's parents' house, and when the free lighter and catalog or whatever comes to them, it will have my name on the envelope. I have yet to try to cancel this.

Also, I heard your insurance rates go up if you're on that list.

All in all, it would have been all good if I hadn't done that. I give Trackside a 7.5, and a star for hot drunk girls making out.

The guy turned out to be a really good drummer.

No comments: